I hope you all had a great weekend! As promised, I’m back to show you my advent calendar tree. This was totally FREE to make and I LOVE how it turned out.
I took a drive on a few back roads and gathered a bunch of sticks. I stuck them in this white vase that I already had. It was perfect! Then I printed out the cards and numbers from this printable advent calendar, punched a hole in each corner, and attached some ornament hooks. The boys had fun helping me hang them randomly on the branches. I customized each card with an activity for each day till Christmas.
Here is a list of the activities printed on each one:
- Drink hot chocolate.
- Write a letter to Santa.
- Go on a drive to see the Christmas lights.
- Make a gingerbread train.
- Read your favorite Christmas story before bed.
- Stay up an extra 10 minutes tonight.
- Make Christmas cookies.
- Make your teacher a gift.
- Make a Christmas craft.
- Go see the Christmas train at Daddy’s work.
- Go see the lights at Temple Square.
- Play your favorite board game.
- Go out for a treat.
- You choose what’s for dinner tonight.
- Sing Christmas songs around the piano.
- Read the story of Jesus’ birth.
I repeated a few of those to fill in the rest of the days I needed. It has been so much fun so far and my boys love it! My oldest can now read, so it’s extra fun for him to discover the new activity each day.
Here’s one more look at our tree.