I am taking you on a tour of my office this week. It has come together just as I’d pictured and I can’t wait to show you the HUGE transformation. There were a lot of budget projects that went into it, so I’m going to share each one with you starting with my new office chairs.
Remember these $10 thrift store chairs? I fell in love with these the instant I saw them. I knew they had great potential.
The seat was attached with screws underneath so I just took them off and lifted the seat right off.
I gave them both a coat of Kilz spray primer. This primer rocks! It gives you such good coverage so only one coat is necessary. It does leave a bit of a rough finish, so I went over it lightly with a fine grit sandpaper to make it smooth.
Then I gave them 3 coats of my favorite red spray paint: Rustoleum high performance enamel in safety red.
Now on to the seat cushions. I cut one piece of batting the same size as my fabric and centered my cushion on top. Make sure to leave an extra inch or two on each side so there’s enough fabric to staple to the back.
Then start stapling to the back side, pulling the fabric tight as you go.
Here they are all finished!
You can find this fabric here. The bright colors make me so happy and I love the contrast with the red.
I LOVE the way these turned out (and my husband is very happy to have them out of the garage).
I’m linking this up with some of these blog parties.
Update: you can see these chairs in my new office.
Come back tomorrow to see what else is going in my new office.
The final full room reveal is coming in a few days–complete with before and after pictures.